Robotics is one of the strategic technologies of the 21st century, which will provide solutions for many societal challenges and maintain the competitiveness of key industries.
Through integrated research activities across topics within KCIST and disciplines at KIT, we are conducting research and developing robotic technologies for service applications, manufacturing, mobility and healthcare to improve everybody’s quality of life.
The major research activities range from assistive robotics, collaborative robotics, and cognitive robotics to robot perception, robot programming by demonstration, grasping, dexterous and mobile manipulation to industrial robotics, process control and automation. Our goal is to develop robotic systems with advanced capabilities regarding intelligent sensing, advanced motion control, safe interaction, intuitive programming and performance.
- SFB/TR 89 - Invasive Computing (InvasIC)
- SPP 1527 - Autonomous Learning
- EU H2020 SecondHands - A Robot Assistant For Industrial Maintenance Tasks
- EU H2020 I-Support - ICT-Supported Bath Robots
- EU H2020 TimeStorm - The Perception of Time
- European Robotics Week: Open day at IAR-H2T and IAR-IPR, November 21 - 22, 2017 (German only)
- International Workshop Robotics in the 21st century: Challenges and Promises, September 25 - 28, 2016
- Wie Roboter dem Menschen ähnlicher werden (21.03.2018, German only)
- ARMAR-6 in the Press
- A New Open Source Dataset Links Human Motion and Language (09.02.2017)
- Humanoids 2016: Kommen Roboter ohne Gehirn besser zurecht? (17.11.2016, German only)
- Robotik: Selbstlernende Kooperationspartner (29.09.2016, German only)
- Mensch-Roboter-Interaktion: Die Semantik der menschlichen Handlungen (26.09.2016, German only)
- YouTube channel of the research group High Performance Humanoid Technologies (H²T)
- Humanoide Roboter auf dem Vormarsch (Prof. Dr.-Ing. Tamim Asfour)
Other Interesting Links: